Thursday, March 5, 2009

March 3, 2009 - Bring It On

Boy, I hope I don’t regret this in the future, but I’m starting to feel a little cocky. Those of you that are sports fans and have a bit of age on you might remember the 1985 Villanova Wildcats that were to play the Georgetown Hoyas for the national championship in men’s college basketball. Georgetown was favored to win by a boatload, but Villanova came out with a brilliant game plan and shot lights out in the first half. At halftime, they must have felt like I do now.

Cancer is my Georgetown. When they tell you, you have an incurable disease, you have to take a few minutes to catch your breath before you put together a game plan. I took the time and put together my game plan. It seems to be working. Started round two of chemotherapy today, but at the same time got some more good news on the level of creatinine in my bloodstream. It is now down to 2.9. Nice drop from 3.1 in just one week. Calcium levels remain down so it looks like all is well on the kidney/cancer improvement phase.

Bring on Georgetown! (Those of you that are not sports fans—Villanova won in one of the greatest upsets in sports history.)

No comments:

Post a Comment