Thursday, March 5, 2009

January 24, 2009 - Who's Sick, Not Me

The goal of getting me admitted to the hospital on Friday was so I could have my kidney biopsy the next morning and go home later that day. I got about 2 hours sleep that night and wasn’t given anything to eat or drink until noon when they finally came to the conclusion that there was no one there to take the biopsy. You think somebody would have noticed that the room was empty…

All of those rumors that you have heard about never getting a chance to sleep while in the hospital are true. I think they have a contest every night just to see who can wake up the most people. I had my blood tested at 5 AM every day, they couldn’t have waited an hour or two. They took my temperature at 2 AM each night. They wonder why people can’t wait to get back home.

The only excitement I had that day was when they gave me a bag of potato chips to eat with my lunch. Two of the things I’m not allowed to have on my newly anointed renal diet are potatoes and salt. Not sure who is running the kitchen, but even I knew enough not to indulge.

No comments:

Post a Comment