Thursday, March 5, 2009

February 25, 2009 - The Diet's Getting Old Fast

Finally, the day both Julia and I have been waiting for, a date worth the dietician. Hopefully to ease the constraints on my diet. Not losing weight, but I’m starting to have Whopper and Big Mac withdrawal nightmares.

It didn’t take long for our hopes to be dashed, however, as the dietician did not have a renal panel to study from any recent blood tests. In fact, as she explained things, she took one ounce of high level protein (meat) away from me. Now just 5 ounces of meat a day and still no salt. Probably more depressed about this than anything I have heard in a while. I firmly believe that the sodium restriction is too stiff. I am not retaining water and my blood pressure is 121 over 75. Now have to wait two weeks to see her again. Oh well, back to the drudgery…..

No comments:

Post a Comment