Thursday, March 5, 2009

February 13, 2009 - Round 2

Another day of chemo is here, but this will be the first one with both drugs. Met with Dr. Obenchain before the treatment and basically went over what to expect over the next few weeks. Will do at least two three week sessions and then will evaluate the progress.

The Velcade went as it had on Tuesday, but the Doxil took three hours. Because it is stronger, they want to take it slow. Unlike the Velcade, it comes in a bag and is dripped very slowly. It still went pretty easily, but it was nap time when we got home.

Even with the nap in the afternoon, I was really dragging at night. One of the things that I have gotten used to is the amount of water that I need to be drinking. Every chance that they get, the nurses tell me to drink as much as I can. As a result, I have been drinking more water than I can hold. Getting up a couple times a night to go to the bathroom is not unusual, yet tonight was different than most. Every time I woke up I was bone dry. My eyes even hurt they were so dry. This Doxil is something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment