Thursday, March 5, 2009

January 26 - The Call

Well my day had finally come. About 7 AM they came to my room with the required wheel chair and rolled me down to the lower levels of the hospital. An IV, three shots of local anesthesia and two needle pokes into my kidneys and I was done. Certainly not as bad as I had pictured, but not something I would recommend as a fun thing to do on a boring afternoon. The one good thing that happened was they gave me a IV shot of something that certainly lightened up the mood. Thank God I hate needles or I would be tempted to become a drug addict. (Well, it would have to be cheap, too.)

After lying still for many hours to make sure that I wasn’t going to bleed to death, they let me go home. My first stay in the hospital in my life had come to a somewhat unexciting end, not that there is anything wrong with unexciting when you are in the hospital. Dr. Hogan, said that he would call as soon as the results were back from the biopsy, which could be as early as tomorrow afternoon. Until then, just nervous waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment