Saturday, June 6, 2009

June 6, 2009 Terry Jay Quinn

I lost my best friend today.

When Terry and I met 31 years ago, we really didn’t have much in common other than the fact that we were both single and worked at the same place. Yet, we somehow clicked.

Terry always had a plan. I was always Robin to his Batman. I was ok with that because whatever we did typically ended up as an enjoyable experience. Terry had a plan to meet women. Terry had a plan to fix up this car or that car or to fix up this house and sell it. Terry had a plan to get rich. No matter what, he was always fixed on the prize at the end.

Terry found a lot of those prizes along the way having been married to his loving wife, Linda for over 25 years. Their daughter Britney has always been a joy in his life. Terry worked hard and was able to enjoy many of the finer things in life. Terry was funny in that he liked expensive clothes and cars, but acted like a normal Joe. I always got a kick out of seeing the next outrageous clothes he would wear.

But more than anything else, deep down in side, Terry loved those around him. He really was a simple guy, with simple pleasures.

I’m never going to forget my friend. He made our lives better.

5 comments:

  1. John sorry to hear about the lose of your dear friend Terry. Now there is one more brighter star looking down over you from heaven above!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jonny boy...found you! This was amazing to read...Im making the board for the funeral now and my friend found your blog after searching my dad on google...i LOVE you guys...please keep me updated on how your doing..Brittany

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry about Terry. I felt like I knew him from all of your stories. Much love to both families!
    --Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  4. John - I'm so sorry to hear about Terry. I remember meeting him at your house one time in Powell, and he was definitely the kind of guy you don't forget. Cherish your memories... - Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here is Terry's obituary.
    http://www.asimas.com/ASIMAS/schoedinger/obituaryDescription.jsp?domain_id=190&deceased_id=197866

    ReplyDelete