Thursday, June 11, 2009

June 10, 2009 Boooring, Boooring

Boring is the only way that I can describe what I am experiencing right now. The only excitement that I had all day was when diarrhea came back for a visit. My mouth is hanging in there, some discomfort, but nothing I can’t handle. I started receiving the same shot that I received before the harvest operation. I may or may not experience any discomfort this time as the dosage is only half of what I received earlier. The hope is that this will kick start the white cell production.

I feel pretty good, but I am sleeping later and later everyday. Not sure if that is because I am more run down or because it shortens the day.

Justin returns tonight from Columbus, so it will be nice to have another visitor. Jason is still nursing a cold, so I haven’t seen him since I checked it. Hopefully, he will get over that in the next couple of days. Not sure why, but I have lost any desire to read. I bought 5 books before I came in and I just can’t get excited about starting any of them. Can’t blame it on the chemo, that left my system days ago.

Today was day +6. The original plan was to leave on day +15, so as long as I stay healthy, I’ll get out of here in less than 10 days. If my white cells decide to come to work a little earlier, I might be able to shave a day or two off that. Here’s hoping.

1 comment:

  1. John,

    We're glad you're doing so well! We're following your blog daily and you are on many prayer lists here in Tampa. We look forward to the day when you and Julia can come see us, and we'll go for a walk on a real beach, sip some iced tea (alcohol or oterhwise), and generally chill out. Stay well, Friend!

    Bob and Cindy Burns

    ReplyDelete