Saturday, June 6, 2009

June 5, 2009 Not Much Action

Very slow day for me. I can’t believe that I still have two weeks to go. That isn’t my goal, but that is what they tell me. Food and I could not make a connection today. I tried a few bites of breakfast and that was enough to keep me until I ate about half of my dinner. I wouldn’t say I was nauseous, but I wouldn’t say that the thought of food excited me, either.

Along with this horrendous taste in my mouth, bacon doesn’t even taste good and I don’t know how bacon can possibly taste bad. On top of that, I have a headache that comes and goes. They can’t give me anything for it but Oxicodone. It’s a headache, not a fractured skull, so I’m staying away from the meds.

I get my first new birthday present as Julia brings me an XM sound system that hooks into the portable unit in my car. I think I can deal with this two birthday thing.

Seems like a day of visitors as several people stop in to explain their role in this entire ordeal. My most common visitor is Megan, my transplant coordinator. Interestingly enough we now share a birthday since I have added one. The nice thing about talking to Megan is that it isn’t just hospital stuff. Julia and I now have some ideas for dinner places when I escape from this place.

It’s still just day +1. Only 14 left.

No comments:

Post a Comment