Tuesday, May 10, 2022

All Is Calm - Day +4 - 5/10/22

Day +3 went by without a whole lot happening. The excitement of the day was the 6:07AM wake up call to go to dialysis. When out of the hospital the trip to the Dialysis Center is no big deal. I’m there with 12 other people we lay there for 4 hours and go home. You have a schedule and can plan things. Not so much at the hospital. It’s their schedule and you must go with the flow. I think I have gotten close to a world record on pills. I ended up taking 31 pills yesterday, it’s like every day I am here they add more pills to the regimen.

Day +4 Today has been slow. This place is so quiet. It is in sharp contrast to when I was in a different hospital a couple weeks ago and we had patients screaming out “Help” among other things all during the day.

Because I know what’s coming in the next several days, I almost want it to get here and get it over with. Its like a tsunami is on the horizon and you have nowhere to go.  When I did this the first time the days in the middle were so bad, I struggled with just about everything. Julia even did a yeoman’s job of doing my blog for me. We’ll see what happens this time.

12 comments:

  1. John, we are keeping you in our prayers as you fight through this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking about you John and wishing you strength and courage every day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you, John. You are strong, and although you’ve been through so much, we know you’re a fighter! Things will soon look up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. John, Kevin and I have been keeping you in our prayers. Sending Love, Marcie and Kevin McAuliffe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you, buddy. You got this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hang in there Boss!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking of you John! Praying the tsunami ahead will just be a thunderstorm this time❤️

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are doing this a second time and there is a reason for that. God wants you here and He is with you and so am I. This sucks I know, you are stronger than you think ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sending you prayers for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stay strong John. You’ve got so many supporters sending Love and Prayers. Strength in numbers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sending many prayers your way John! You got this buddy! KW

    ReplyDelete